The Rentilly estate dates back to the 16th century, but was bought in 1890 by the industrialist Gaston Menier, the then owner of the Noisiel chocolate factory. Turkish baths, the trophy room and homes for the wardens were built. The delightful landscape of the English-style park with sumptuous features is laid out in the heart of the valley of the Brosse. The former château was destroyed in 1944 and rebuilt in the 1950s in the "Directory" style. Today, the common quarters of the château, renovated by architects Patrick Mauger and Huet - ville et architecture, are a fitting home for the new cultural centre. The document library has a choice location in the orangery, while the arts centre makes impressive use of the turkish baths and trophy room, the stable houses a living arts area and the barns where studios host artists.